Monday, November 22, 2004

Payback is tough

You gotta love the interview Peter Jennings had with former President Bill Clinton. It was great. Here's part of it:

The network news anchors usually stay away from controversy. So, [Thursday, November 18] when Peter Jennings questioned Bill Clinton about how historians have ranked his moral authority, eyebrows went up. Here's some of what happened.

BILL CLINTON, FMR. PRESIDENT: They're wrong about that.

JENNINGS: After Nixon.

CLINTON: They're wrong about that. Do you know why they're wrong about it? They're wrong about it.

JENNINGS: Why, sir?

CLINTON: Because we had $100 million spent against us and all of these inspections. And in spite of it all, you don't have any example where I ever lied to the American people about my job, whether I ever let the American people down. And I had more support from the world and world leaders and people around the world when I quit than when I started. And I will go to my grave being at peace about it. And I don't really care what they think.

No matter what mainstream journalists, as well as the blogsphere writes, too) Clinton doesn't give a damn about what people think about him. It's what he thinks of himself. And right now, I think he's giving himself some high marks about his presidency as well as legacy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home